7-nights / 6-full days guided fishing
Available: June 11 – July 9
Enjoy Alaska’s premier Chinook (King) fishing on the Sandy River. Chrome-bright fish, just a short distance from saltwater, are super-abundant in June and July. You can fish over un-pressured Kings that take swung flies aggressively. The experts are calling the Sandy River one of the last great Chinook fisheries left in the world.
$7,050.00 plus $1,400.00 charter fee (2:1 client/guide ratio)
$6,450.00 plus $1,400.00 charter fee (3:1 client/guide ratio)
Alaska King salmon on the fly-rod
- Transportation between Port Moller and Hoodoo “Sandy River” Lodge via Hoodoo’s DeHavilland Beaver.
- 6 days of guided wade-fishing, using our custom jet-boats to access miles of the Sandy River.
- Deluxe meals
- Open bar with beer, wine, and a limited selection of liquor.
- Comfortable lodging
- Round trip travel between Anchorage and Port Moller ($1,200 charter fee)
- Overnight lodging in Anchorage
- Fishing License ($70) and King Salmon Stamp ($45)
- Fly fishing equipment
- Gratuities for guides and lodge staff
Chinook (King) Salmon Itinerary:
The day before – Arrival and overnight stay in Anchorage.
Day 1 – Flight to Port Moller from Anchorage via private charter. You will be met at the Port Moller airport by a Hoodoo Lodge representative. From Port Moller you will be transported to our fishing lodge on the remote Sandy River by our private DeHavilland Beaver . The mountain scenery en route is stunning, with brown bear and caribou sightings common. Once at the lodge you will be welcomed by our seasoned staff, have a chance to settle in, and prepare for a world class sport fishing experience, and an unforgettable Alaskan adventure.
Days 2 to 7 –Enjoy the excellent King Salmon fishing, beautiful scenery, and unmatched hospitality that is an everyday occurrence at Sandy River. Your days will be split between fishing out of the lodge daily with jet boats.
Day 8 – Enjoy another flight-seeing venture in one Hoodoo’s private planes from Hoodoo Lodge to Nelson Lagoon, continuing on to Anchorage via private charter.
The day after – Return to the real world with your new memories.