Enjoy the thrill of catching the acrobatic Coho (Silver Salmon) on the Hoodoo River. With a run of Coho’s that are larger (10-12 lb. average), fresher, and in greater concentrations than most other areas of Alaska, you can expect fabulous fishing for this aggressive salmon. To add to the thrill, top-water action on the fly is an everyday opportunity.
As an option, this package offers one and two day fly-out excursions away from the lodge to one of our nearby wilderness rivers for Rainbow Trout, Dolly Varden and more great Coho fishing.
$6,450.00 plus $1,200.00 charter fee (2:1 client/guide ratio)
$5,850.00 plus $1,200.00 charter fee (3:1 client/guide ratio)
- Transportation between Nelson Lagoon and Hoodoo Lodge via Hoodoo’s DeHavilland Beaver.
- Guests can choose to spend all six days of guided fishing out of our lodge, using our custom jet-boats to access miles of the Hoodoo River, if desired.
- One fly-out included, (additional fly-outs $250 per fly-out per person). Choose a 2 day 1 night excursion to North Creek or a 1 day fly-out to Hoodoo Lake or “The Braids”.
- Deluxe meals
- Open bar featuring beer, wine, and a limited selection of liquor.
- Comfortable lodging
- Spin cast fishing equipment and associated tackle available, on request.
- Vacuum packaging and shipping container – one 30lb. box per angler.
- Round trip travel between Anchorage and Nelson Lagoon ($1,200 charter fee)
- Overnight lodging in Anchorage
- Fishing License ($70)
- Fly fishing equipment
- Gratuities for guides and lodge staff
Coho (Silver) Salmon Package Itinerary
The day before – Arrival and overnight stay in Anchorage.
Day 1 – Flight to Nelson Lagoon from Anchorage via private charter. You will be met at the Nelson Lagoon airport by a Hoodoo Lodge representative. From Nelson Lagoon you will be transported by private plane to the Hoodoo Sport Fishing Lodge on the remote Hoodoo River. The mountain scenery en route is stunning, with brown bear and caribou sightings common. Once at the lodge you will be welcomed by our seasoned staff, have a chance to settle in, and prepare for some for a world-class sport fishing experience and an unforgettable Alaskan adventure.
Day 2 to 7 – Enjoy great Silver Salmon fishing, beautiful scenery, and great hospitality from our professional Hoodoo staff. Your days will be split between fishing out of the lodge with jet boats, a fly-out day-trip to Hoodoo Lake for exceptional Dolly Varden fishing, day fly-out to “The Braids” where durring optimum conditions – top water and sight fishing action is comparable to Bone fishing on the flats, and/or optional two-day fly out adventure on a nearby wilderness river for Rainbow Trout, Dolly Varden and more great Coho Fishing. On trips away from the lodge, nights are spent at comfortable, secluded spike camps.
Day 8 – Enjoy another flight-seeing venture in one of Hoodoo’s private planes from Hoodoo Lodge to Nelson Lagoon, continuing on to Anchorage via private charter.
The day after – Return to the real world with your newly created memories.