6-nights / 5-full days guided fishing
Available: June 11 – July 25
Enjoy Alaska’s premier Chinook (King) fishing on the Hoodoo River. Chrome-bright fish, less than a dozen miles from saltwater, are super-abundant in June and July. You can fish over un-pressured Kings that take swung flies aggressively. The experts are calling Hoodoo River one of the last great Chinook fisheries left in the world.
Sockeye Salmon, Rainbow Trout, and Dolly Varden are also available on the Hoodoo River during this time.
As an option, this package offers one and two day fly-out excursions away from the lodge to one of our nearby wilderness rivers for great King salmon and sea-run Dolly Varden fishing.
$8,450.00 total (2:1 client/guide ratio)
$7,850.00 total (3:1 client/guide ratio)
Private room add-on fee: $500.00 (limited availability, first come/fist serve)
- Round trip transportation between Anchorage and the Lodge.
- 3-5 days of guided wade-fishing, using our custom jet-boats to access miles of the Hoodoo River.
- 1 fly-out included ( additional fly-outs $250 per fly-out per person ). Choose a 2-day/1-night (optional) fly-out to North Creek offering King Salmon and sea-run Dolly Varden or a 1 day fly-out to Hoodoo Lake for exceptional Dolly Varden fishing. Your night away from the lodge will be spent at one of our comfortable tent camps.
- Deluxe meals
- Open bar with beer, wine, and a limited selection of liquor.
- Comfortable lodging
- Spin fishing tackle and equipment, where requested.
- Fish vacuum packaging and shipping container – one 30 lb. box per angler.
- Overnight lodging in Anchorage
- Fishing License ($70) and King Salmon Stamp ($45)
- Fly fishing equipment
- Gratuities for guides and lodge staff
Chinook (King) Salmon Itinerary:
The day before – Arrival and overnight stay in Anchorage.
Day 1 – Flight to Nelson Lagoon from Anchorage via private charter. You will be met at the Nelson Lagoon airport by a Hoodoo Lodge representative. From Nelson Lagoon you will be transported to our fishing lodge on the remote Hoodoo River by private floatplane or DeHavilland Beaver . The mountain scenery en route is stunning, with brown bear and caribou sightings common. Once at the lodge you will be welcomed by our seasoned staff, have a chance to settle in, and prepare for a world class sport fishing experience, and an unforgettable Alaskan adventure.
Days 2 to 6 –Enjoy the excellent King Salmon fishing, beautiful scenery, and unmatched hospitality that is an everyday occurrence at Hoodoo. Your days will be split between fishing out of the lodge daily with jet boats or an optional one or two day fly-out excursions away from the lodge to one of our nearby wilderness rivers for great King salmon and sea-run Dolly Varden fishing or a fly-out day-trip to Hoodoo Lake for exceptional Dolly Varden fishing. On trips away from the lodge, nights are spent at comfortable, secluded spike camps.
Day 7 – Enjoy another flight-seeing venture in one Hoodoo’s private planes from Hoodoo Lodge to Nelson Lagoon, continuing on to Anchorage via private charter.
The day after – Return to the real world with your new memories.