Rarely can you find a river that offers all five Alaskan Salmon species available at one time. The Hoodoo Lodge on the Hoodoo River has this opportunity. In late July and early August the Hoodoo holds good numbers of late season Chinook and Sockeye, at this time the Chum and pink seasons are at their peak and the Coho’s are starting to show. There are days on the Hoodoo when all five species are caught in the same day, if not the same pool and all on a fly. In addition rainbow Trout and Dolly Varden can be targeted during this period. Imagine experiencing the anticipation that goes along with not knowing what might be at the end of an exciting fight prior to landing. This package is very unique considering Hoodoo Lodges close proximity to salt water and the strong Chum run that is often hard to find, where fish are chrome bright and accessible. The Chum is a very aggressive and strong fighting fish when caught in areas where it has just entered fresh water, as is the case on the Hoodoo River. These hard fighters average fifteen pounds and when just arriving are probably the hardest fighting salmon of that size.
As an option, this package offers a 2-day/1-night fly-out excursion away from the lodge to the upper waters of the Hoodoo River or to one of our nearby wilderness rivers. These options offer Rainbow Trout, Dolly Varden, and more great salmon fishing.
- Transportation between Nelson Lagoon and Hoodoo Lodge.
- Guests can choose to spend all six days of guided fishing out of our lodge, using our custom jet-boats to access miles of the Hoodoo River, if desired.
- One fly-out included, (additional fly-outs $250 per fly-out per person). Choose a 2 day 1 night excursion to North Creek or a 1 day fly-out to Hoodoo Lake or “The Braids”.
- Deluxe meals.
- Open bar featuring beer, wine, and a limited selection of liquor.
- Comfortable lodging.
- Spin cast fishing and associated tackle available, on request.
- Vacuum packaging and shipping container – one 30lb. box per angler.
- Round trip travel between Anchorage and Nelson Lagoon ($1,200 charter fee)
- Overnight lodging in Anchorage
- Fishing License ($70)
- Fly fishing equipment
- Gratuities for guides and lodge staff
Grand Slam Package Itinerary:
The day before – Arrival and overnight stay in Anchorage.
Day 1 – Flight to Nelson Lagoon from Anchorage via private charter. You will be met at the Nelson Lagoon airport by a Hoodoo Lodge representative. From Nelson Lagoon you will be transported via private plane to the Hoodoo Sport Fishing Lodge on the remote Hoodoo River. The mountain scenery en route is stunning, with brown bear and caribou sightings common. Once at the lodge you will be welcomed by our seasoned staff, have a chance to settle in, and prepare for some for a world-class sport fishing experience and an unforgettable Alaskan adventure.
Day 2 to 7 – Enjoy great fishing for all five species of Alaska Salmon, Rainbow Trout, Dolly Varden, beautiful scenery, and great hospitality from our professional Hoodoo staff. Your days will be split between fishing out of the lodge with jet boats, a day fly-out to Hoodoo Lake for exceptional Dolly Varden fishing, and/or an optional two-day fly out adventure on a nearby wilderness river for Rainbow Trout, Dolly Varden and more great salmon fishing. On trips away from the lodge, nights are spent at comfortable, secluded spike camps.
Day 8 – Enjoy another flight-seeing venture in Hoodoo’s private planes from Hoodoo Lodge to Nelson Lagoon, continuing on to Anchorage via private charter.
The day after – Return to the real world with your newly created memories.